スキップしてメイン コンテンツに移動

Theorem of kernel K-means

Introduction

Today, I will write about a theorem of kernel K-means. The kernel K-means cover the weak point of K-means. I will explain this weak point of K-means and strong point of kernel K-means. If you have not looked yet, please look at the Theorem of K-means.
I implement kernel K-means. Its post is Implement kernel K-means.

Overview

  •  A weak point of K-means
  • Kernel trick 
  • kernel K means
  • Algorithm


A weak point of K-means

For example, I prepare the following dataset.

It is impossible for this dataset to cluster by K-means because this data is distributed shape of the circle. K-means classify data in accordance with the Euclid distance between data and prototype. The prototype is representative of each class. A Prototype of K-means is mean vector. Thus, K-means classify dataset as follows.

K-means does not work, if not so this like dataset.
The dataset which is able to classify by K-means is consist of mass for each class. For example,


Kernel K-means cover this weak point of K-means.

Kernel Trick
Firstly, I explain Kernel Trick.
If dataset $X$ is not able to classify linear hyperplane. Then, the map $\phi$ send to space which is able to classify linear hyperplane.


Kernel is defined as follows.
$$K(x,y) = \phi(x)^T \phi(y)$$

It is difficult to compute $\phi$, but It is easy to compute $K(x,y)$.
This method is called kernel trick.

kernel K means

I review the objective function of K-means.

$$J = \sum_{n=1}^{N} \sum_{k=1}^{K} r_{nk} ||x_n-\mu_k||^2$$

here, prototype is $\mu_i ~\forall k \in K$.
$r_n$ is the 1 of K coding scheme and $r_{nk}$ is k'th element of $r_n$
then
$$\mu_k = \frac{\sum_{n} r_{n_k} x_n}{\sum_n r_{n_k}}$$
and
$$k = \arg \min_{j} || x_n - \mu_{j} || \implies r_{nk} = 1$$

$$else \implies r_{n_k} = 0$$


I rewrite this objective function as follows.

$$J = \sum_{n=1}^{N} \sum_{k=1}^{K} r_{nk} ||\phi(x_n)-\mu_k||^2$$

then
$$\mu_k = \frac{\sum_{n} r_{n_k} \phi(x_n)}{\sum_n r_{n_k}}$$


Thus, distance between $x_n$ and prototype $\mu_k$ is
$$||\phi(x_n) - \frac{\sum_{m}^{N} r_{m_k} \phi(x_m)} {\sum_{m}^{N} r_{m_k}} ||^2$$
$$= \phi(x_n)^T \phi(x_n) - \frac{2 \sum_{m}^{N} r_{n_k} \phi(x_n)^T \phi(x_m)}{\sum_{m}^{N} r_{n_k}} + \frac{\sum_{m,l}^{N} r_{n_k} r_{n_k} \phi(x_m)^T \phi(x_l)}{ \{ \sum_{m}^{N} r_{n_k} \}^2 }$$

kernel K-means compute $\phi(x_n)^T \phi(x_m)$ as $K(x_n,x_m)$

Algorithm

  1. make initial value of prototype. input K: number of clusters.
  2. for iteration in iteration times.
  3. for $n \in N$ do 
  4. for $k \in K$ do
  5. Compute distance $x_n$ and prototype of class k.
  6. end for k
  7. Pick up class $k_n \in {1,2,..,K}$ which make distance  $x_n$ and prototype of class k minimizing.
  8. divide $x_n$ in class $k_n$
  9. end for n
  10. if there is no change, finish repeating iteration.


Reference
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/inderjit/public_papers/kdd_spectral_kernelkmeans.pdf

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Implementation of Robbins monro

Robbins monro の実装 sorry, this page is Japanese only.   今回はRobbins monro の実装をしてみました。 Robbins monroは確率勾配降下法の学習率を入りテーション回数の逆数で割っていくものです。 使っているprogram言語はpython 3です。osはwindowsです。(macほしい...) アルゴリズム 確率勾配降下方とは目的関数の最適解を求めるアルゴリズムです。目的関数をf(X)とすると、手順は以下のようになっています。 初期学習率$n_0$を決めます。訓練データDを用意します。この訓練データは複数の初期値の集まりです。 訓練データから一つ初期値をランダムに取り出し、これを$x_0$とし、最初の予測値とします。 次の式に現在の予測値$x_0$を代入し、新たな予測値$x_{n+1}$を得ます。$$x_{n+1} = x_{n} - \frac{n_0}{n} grad f(X_n)$$ 収束して入れば4へ、収束していなければ2で得られた値$x{n+1}$を新たに$x_n$としてもう一度2を行う。 訓練データを一周していなければ2へ、一周していれば各初期値から得られた解の中から目的関数を最も小さくするものを選ぶ。   実装例 以下の目的関数を最小化させてみましょう。 $$f(x,y) = (x-2)^2 + (y-3)^2 $$ コマンドラインでpythonを実行していきます。 予想通り、(2,3)という解を導き出してくれました。目的関数が簡単だったので、初期値をどの値でとってもばっちり正解にたどり着いてくれました。 CODE 以下にRobbins monroの関数だけ置いておきます。 こちら にすべてのコードを載せています。 def Robbins_monro(function,grad,number_variable_gradient): init_learning_rate = 1.5 stepsize = 1000 init_value = np.array([range(-1000,1020,20) for i in range(number_v...

カーネルSVMの実装

Introduction English ver 今日はカーネルSVMを実装しました。 最適化には内点法を実装しました。 この記事では実装のみ書いていますが、理論編もそのうちに書きたいと思います。書き次第、リンクを貼っておきます。 # 第一弾書きました。 SVMの理論 part 1 僕のcomputerはwindowsでOSもwindowsです。 実装はPython3で行います。 概要 カーネルとは データセットについて 実装の結果 カーネルとは カーネルとは非線形問題を解くための手法です。 直線で分類できないようなデータをある写像をもとで、直線で分類できるような分布に変形することです。次の画像を見たほうがわかりやすいかもしれません。 ⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓⇓↓ このように変形することをカーネルトリックといいます。 変形されたデータは写像\(\phi\)によって\(\phi(x)\)と表現されます。 \[\phi:x -> \phi(x)\] しかし、SVMではカーネル関数は次のように表されることが多いです。 \[K(x,y)=\phi(x)^T \phi(y)\] なぜなら、SVMでは \(\phi(x)^T \phi\)のみを計算するからです。 最もよく使われているカーネルはRBFとpolynomialです。 RBF \[K(x,y) = \exp(-\gamma ||x-y||^2)\] polynomial \[K(x,y) = (x^Ty+c)^p\] \(K(x,y) = x^Ty\)とすればこれは線形SVMになります。 データセット 今日使うデータセットはnp.random.randnによって生成された正規分布に従う乱数です。 と このデータを作ったコードは ここ に置いてあります。 Implementation 今回はRBFカーネルを使いました。 \(\gamma = 0.5\) 正規化係数50とすると次のようになりました。 次に二つ目のデータセットに対して、RBF kernelを使いました。 \(\gamma = 0.5\) 正規化係数を100とすると、次のよ...

Graph theory in Python

Introduction 日本語 ver Today, I write the networkx module for graph theory in Python. I write about basis of Gragh theory. Please look at this page . This post is not written Graph theory, but I want to share module in Python for Graph theory. Networkx Python3 have Networkx module. If you have python2, you should install by pip pip install networkx Make Graph by Networkx first, import networkx module and make instance. import networkx as nx import matplotlib.pyplot as plt G = nx.Graph() next, add node and edge G.add_node(1) # add Multiple nodes G.add_nodes_from([2,3,4]) G.add_edge(1,2) # add Multiple edges G.add_edges_from([(3,4),(1,2),(4,6)]) next, plot G nx.draw(G) plt.show() networkx have many function. I will write new learning about networkx in this post. Reference https://qiita.com/kzm4269/items/081ff2fdb8a6b0a6112f http://akiniwa.hatenablog.jp/entry/2013/05/12/012459